VBL Self Negotiation Strategy
How can I negotiate with myself to prevent a cycle of negativity when
there is an inner conflict or self-induced values violations?
- 1. Preparation: Prepare for the inner negotiation by getting
into a comfortable,
- inner-oriented state of mind and body.
- 2. Visualization: Turn each party to the conflict into a visual
image. Create a positive framework for the inner negotiation between them
so they both get along.
- 3. Discover Problems, Outcomes and Values: Discover and understand
the problems, outcomes, deeper outcomes and values of one party and then
the other. Help each party fully appreciate and respect the problems, outcomes
and values of the other.
- 4. Develop Options: Help the negotiating "parts"
of you find optional ways to create a win/win positive relationship with
- 5. Design Mutually Agreeable Solutions: Find mutually agreeable
- 6. Reintegrate Parties: Place the image of one party in one
hand and the image of the other party in the other hand. Move them closer,
so they partially blend or merge together. Then reconnect them to your
body and your deep self. Convey a positive message about the benefits of
their new agreements, positive relationship and their future cooperation.
Use words, spoken internally, along with sounds and images.